Like many of our friends who have kids who are older than ours (I am so thankful for you and your examples as you walk a few steps ahead of us--many via blogs!), we made an
Easter mountain this year. Sunday morning Charlie woke up and looked in the tomb, where we had placed a pipe cleaner man representing Jesus the night before. Where did he go???

There he is!!! Charlie found him! He is risen!!! Hallelujah!!! (Hawewuyah!)

Charlie and Daddy read about Jesus...though, as you might expect, Charlie did not "get" much of the resurrection account this year. He was much more interested in the pipe cleaner Jesus exploring the tomb ("cave") and riding his cars around Easter mountain. I'm thankful that it was a good experience though, and that we got a better grasp of the general concept. There is plenty of time to fully learn and understand the story--I guess I'm still working on a full understanding. The vastness of the glory of His resurrection is far beyond my comprehension.

Unloading the Easter basket with Mommy...pretty exciting!

An Easter bunny cinnamon roll!!! Does it get much better than this???!!!

Well, it's pretty hard to get Charlie to smile at the camera these days. So what's a mother to do? Bribe him with jellybeans, of course!!! What a difference!

She doesn't know to ask for jellybeans yet. I would have given her 10 for this smile!!!

A kiss on the head, and you can have one more!!! No prob, mom!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Praise God that He is risen!!!
3 comments:
Beautiful photos! Even if jelly beans were involved. At least you got a great one! And I love the cars driving around the tomb. That made me laugh. Very adorable. Happy Easter to you all!
adorable!
so is "Hawewuyah" charlie talking? or you?
Post a Comment