background

Thursday, May 27, 2010

You know you're the mother of a two year old boy when....

...you shout "airplane" and point in the air while driving, even when there is no child in your backseat.
...siren noises come out of your purse every time you set it down.
...even though you are running late, you are thrilled to be stopped at the Dart tracks so that a train can pass by.
...you know the station number for all of the firetrucks in the neighborhood...and what time they shop at the grocery store.
...you have to say "mommies don't wrestle" multiple times every day.
....your sidewalk is littered with crushed doodlebugs (we are learning to hold them more gently).
...you know where most construction sites are in your neighborhood, and take the long way in order to pass by them.
...you have a designated area where broken toys wait for daddy to fix them.
...your favorite part of the day is getting down on the floor, driving trucks around and around in circles (My mom wisely called b.s. on this one, and she's right....maybe the first 30 seconds are the best part of my day. After that, I need a big cup of coffee beside me to keep me from falling asleep on the floor!! What was I thinking? I guess in my dream world where I'm the perfect mother, that would be my favorite part of the day. I still haven't mastered the skill nor acquired a love for playing trucks.)

1 comment: