background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

For anyone who was in Toys R Us today...

...yes, that was my child that was screaming and kicking and hitting his mother, as he was being carried out of the store. That was my child that screamed "No! No! Don't take me away from Lightening McQueen! He's my friend!! No, no no!" as though he were in intense pain. That was me who slammed the car door in anger and had to cool down when my child refused to stay in the car seat. That was me who, having cooled down, had to force my child's arms into the carseat. And that was my precious baby who watched the whole thing quietly and smiled at me as I went to strap her in. Thank you Annie, for brightening my day. Thank you, Charlie, for reminding me that I've still got a long way to go on this mothering thing. Thank you, blogosphere, for allowing me to vent.

5 comments:

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

i can't even begin to tell you how much your 'realness' makes me smile right now! i could have written this post for you!!!!
(in case you were curious, maiden name is 'hopkins'- yr below Mel at smu/chi o!) shoot me a quick e-mail to (<( ashleyhbaughman@gmailDOTcom )>) and i'll add you to my blog list so you can read our blog, too!

Anonymous said...

All in a days work, friend! And my children are perfect so I wouldn't know anything about dragging kicking and screaming children from a store....hmmmm!
At least Charlie hasn't started telling you things like, "well, you know you aren't the real boss...God is!" What does one say to that?!

Hannah said...

Sounds like a bad couple of days, you need a marguerita! I, too, know nothing about that kind of situation, HAHAHA. Wanna laugh, cry, and scream all at the same time!

Alex and Emily said...

There are few things worse than wrestling your babe into their car seat. I'm so sorry! I've been there and it STINKS!

I hope you've all recovered. It's a new day.

The Westmorelands said...

LOL! I needed a good laugh today. Thank you! Aren't two year olds fun?! :)