Early this morning, we said goodbye to Carlton, Linley, Robert and Connor as they move from their precious house, just a short walk from our house, all the way to Philadelphia....light years away, it seems to me. Though I am comforted in remembering that there are no goodbyes in the kingdom, there are not words to describe how sad and lonely I feel to be left behind for the present. I am sad for our precious little boys, but they don't seem to really get it. It's Linley and I that grieve
for the boys...and probably, in truth, for ourselves. Linley and Robert were such an integral part to my experience of learning to be a mother: learning about boys, surviving the sometimes lonely lifestyle of a stay-at-home mom, laughing together about the hard days, and celebrating the very small triumphs together. It's hard for me to even think about what activity we will do today without feeling a deep emptiness that the Wynnes will not be here to play. I'm so thankful for God's gift to our family in the precious Wynnes! We will miss them terribly. I doubt I will ever think on the first two years of Charlie's life without thinking on and thanking God for the Wynnes.







3 comments:
It is a sad day! I know you and Charlie will miss them dearly. Moving, no matter what end of it you're on, is SO hard. I hope you and Linley are both provided with new (albeit very different) friendships quickly.
I know it will be so hard when Charlie asks, "Where's Robert?" I'm sorry ;-(
My heart hurts reading that and knowing how hard is must be for you all! It's a whole new sort of ache when your kids are involved!
Post a Comment