background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Conversations at our house....

We just finished potty training (4th times the charm....ha!). Since the potty training weekend, Charlie is absolutely consumed with thoughts of...well, the potty. He is a curious one. With no embellishment, here is a sampling of conversations you might have overheard had you been following us around the last few weeks....

At the grocery store:
"Why don't vegetables go poopoo? How about cereal? Does cereal go poopoo? What about peepee?" (This went on the entire grocery trip...every aisle we walked down. And, since Charlie does not have a "low" volume level, you can imagine how many snickers and knowing looks from moms I got).

After church:
"Does God go poopoo? How about Jesus? Does Jesus use the potty in heaven?"

On a walk:
"Why do dogs go poopoo on the ground? Can I go poopoo on the ground?"

I could go on and on....it's a whole new world over here. I'm not sure I have used the "p" words with so much frequency in my entire lifetime as I have these last two weeks. Are girls like this too? I'm hoping for a reprieve when it's Annie's turn!

Oh, and just to let you know, if you come over anytime soon, you will probably be quizzed on all of your bathroom habits. Don't say I didn't warn you.

4 comments:

The Westmorelands said...

lol!!! that is soooooo funny! hey, at least he's interested, now! i am definitely waiting to potty train owen AFTER he turns three (and after we move!) i thought he'd have more interest, because his big brother potties, but every time i say something like, "don't you want to use the potty and wear underwear like knox?" he responds (emphatically), "No, I want to wear diapers!" ugh...boys!!

Alex and Emily said...

Cute! Yea for Charlie!

We talk about it but not as frequently as you. The whole animals pooping on the ground is confusing. If they poop on the ground, why can't we?? Smart question!

Wynne Family said...

Hilarious!! Yes, the potty talk is lovely. Connor has even caught on - I hope Annie will spare you some of that!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Charlie! And so hilarious about all his, er, questions! As far as potty talk goes, well Asher is 4 1/2 and we have daily potty talk conversations. Although our talks are more like please don't call people potty words Asher. As for girls, potty talk is less but my girls are stubborn. Eloise flat out refuses to use the potty! It's been a tough battle. Hopefully Annie will be much easier!